Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Holidays!

HOLIDAY SHOPPING!! *FOAM* It was so fun!

Our neighborhood got about 4 inches of snow on Sunday, which stuck throughout yesterday and today, and effectively snowed my family in. The forecasts say there may be even more tomorrow! It's been fun pretending to live in Alaska, but my body has taken about as much abuse as it can on the sledding hill, and I'm running out of things to do (except finishing A Room of One's Own...ugh, my wrists...).

The roads improved a little today, so my mom and I took the opportunity to go downtown and shop. I love the way Portland looks in the winter: clear sky, bright lights, bundled up people--the snowy icing is a bonus this year. We found gifts for my little cousin Kendra at Art Media, some gifts for the boys in Pioneer Place, and a couple of things for ourselves. I bought a dress for my birthday next Monday (21!!!!! OMG) at Express. It's so cute. I can't wait! I just hope the roads are clear enough for my friends and me to get downtown... :-/

Kara says "Happy Holidays!" :)

No comments: