Saturday, April 4, 2009

Blog Every Day April: 4

HWAAH. TODAY. WAS HARD.

I stayed up until 3 again last night drawing; I had to turn down some fun social engagements to finish A Room of One's Own. :( I put the final touches on it this morning, printed in the library, assembled the minicomic, and sent it off to the Stumptown Trophy Awards. Cross your fingers! :P I will be printing around 50 copies of the comic for sale at Stumptown, in various Eugene and Portland comic stores, and online at my Etsy store and homepage. Hopefully there will be a need to print more, but it's best to be humble with things like this.
I bike-mauled half of Eugene on my way to the post office today: I had 10 minutes to get to the post office before it closed, and I hit the Saturday Market. x__x "Excuse me! Pardon me! Sorry! Oh god get out of the way! I am SO sorry!..." It was pretty bad 8D;

I got a text from my younger brother Nick yesterday with an attached picture of my piece in the 'Comics to the People!' gallery at the Portland Center for Performing Arts. I didn't expect him to go--it was really sweet. <3 I submitted the original for page 2 of A Room of One's Own to be hung alongside 80 or so pieces by other Portland artists. I've never been in a gallery before, so even to have a single piece in a show made me very happy and proud of myself, ridiculous as it is. If you're in or around Portland, try to check out that gallery (up through May, I'm pretty sure). Here is the poster for the event; my piece is in the 3rd row, far right:


And now? I'm off to buy art with Emi and decorate my room! I'm kind of in shock that I have free time at all, after drawing 2-6 hours every day for the past month at least (minus spring break!). I am excited about the remaining art to do for Stumptown--it'll be fun to do some color work, printing and assembling, design a banner, etc. There may be a new video blog soon, too, if I can get enough sleep to be cognizant for 3 minutes straight.

No comments: