Thursday, May 14, 2009

If you didn't notice boy you meant everything


Nick's Birthday_ink
Originally uploaded by tallychyck
I've been playing around with brush inking this month, and have decided on a new project to help me learn: I'm going to attempt to recreate 5-20 of my favorite old photos with waterproof ink and brushes, and then watercolor them. Ideally, this will help me learn 4 things I could use practice on (anatomy, environments, brush inking, and watercolor), and be a very fun time, too! Who doesn't love reliving happy old moments?

This recreation is from a photo of my little brother Nick's 10th birthday, with my little little brother Neil making a great face (Are they not adorable??):


Oh hey, third benefit I just thought of: I'll be ahead on Christmas presents!! xD;

No comments: