Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I dragged you back a sleepyhead

Ugh, I hate that eerie silence that falls over the web sometimes...you know, when nothing is updating and no one is online? To me, it means that either everyone is at something really fun, or everyone is working. Whichever it is, I feel guilty thinking that I should probably be doing the same!

Defeatist thoughts sneak into my brain as Comic-Con approaches. It's such a great opportunity, and so expensive, that you really want to make the most of it. As an artist, that means having your portfolio, business cards, minis, pitches, and/or homepage primed and ready. I have anxiety about my brand and my artwork during this period of inspection and last-minute work. I feel like I am looking at everything through warped glass and I can't trust my own judgment.