Tuesday, May 8, 2012

This is what I want to be

Hey hey!  I've got a big ol' update for you, with tons of art dumpage.  Get comfy:


Okay.  First off: holy crap The Avengers!!!!!!!!  I went to a midnight show with my brother Nick and we had THE BEST TIME.  This movie was SO fun to watch and done so well...I cannot WAIT to go see it again.  I spent all of TCAF annoying the crap out of my friends by talking about it.  I could not shut up about it...but it's not my fault!  Everyone who has seen it is the same way!  Our waitress and taxi driver brought it up as well! XD
 I thought the relationship between Thor and Loki was the best part of the movie, and watched Thor first thing when I got home on Monday night with Nick, but...that movie was noooooot greeeeeat...and it was disappointing after seeing how well those characters could be done in The Avengers.  The fighting, the CG...it was just in a league of its own.
 
^Some sketches to prepare for TCAF con sketches:

And here are some photos from TCAF:

 Delicious French crepes!  Salmon+tomatos+cream cheese and raspberry jam+chocolate.  Guh.

I tabled with Emi and we had a good old time.  She had some really helpful tips for moving books that I appreciated.  We both sold out of books, met a ton of nice people, and hope to come back soon.

We had a Scott Pilgrim day on Sunday; we visited Casa Loma, Honest Ed's, and met Bryan Lee O'Malley at Lee's Palace:

Some Tiny Sketchbook sketches:

 
^(Like the garbage man in Pluto and Dr. Reichwein from Monster mixed together.)

^'Oh jeez' for listening to strangers get in an argument at Starbucks.

George Rohac and I made some jam comics:


^(Both of these were done when we were very tired.)

^6 pieces of Korra fan art I will get around to eventually.  Love these guys.
 
If you are still with me, thank you so much for reading!  Go eat something.  If you want more new artwork, I also updated the Over the Surface project blog.

4 comments:

Rick said...

Meeting you was the highlight of my weekend. I had never heard of Between Gears, but I couldn't put it down Saturday night. Thank you so much for signing it for me, I hope the weekend was great for you.

Natalie Nourigat said...

Thank YOU! That's a huge compliment, considering the company I was in.

Shiloh said...

This artwork is amazing. I especially loved your Avengers pic. I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to. I am a new subscriber to your blog. Maybe sometime you could check out mine. It's full of funny and weird stuff. It's only new so I don't have followers. Maybe you could follow or comment. If you don't know how to follow, just ask me. Thanks a bunch. tfsdwb.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

sweet pics